For Victoria
I was tagged by Victoria awhile ago. Here it is. Sorry I am such a slacker.
Questions:
10 yrs ago:
We were living in SLC in the James Pointe Apartments right by 2-15. Reilly was 1 1/2 years old and so stinking cute, smart and funny. Tyler was working at Smith Layton Architects downtown. I was taking night classes at the BYU extension. I was having an identity crisis. Ok...so I was a stay at home mom...now what? I was pretty lonely. We weren't overly active in church...this was the time we were trying to figure which direction we wanted our lives to take. Reilly and I spent ALOT of time at the pool, the library and Super Target!!
5 Things on my list of things to do today:
1.) Go grocery shopping. I need to get a watermelon and cut out heart-shaped peices with a cookie cutter for Kameron's Valentines Day Party at school on Thursday.
2.) Go to the Oriental Market to get supplies for my Valentines dinner. Tyler and I go out for our "romantic" dinner the week of his birthday and and then on Valentine's have dinner with the kiddos. This year we are having a HOT and SPICY Thai Dinner. I am making pad thai (2 kinds: vegetarian and chicken), chicken satay my homemade peanut sauce (so good) and the kids have requested jello pretzel salad (not thai but tasty) and raspberry frappe to drink and CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE CHOCOLATE. They kids have requested "vegetable-free" meal. Since they are vegetarians and eat more veggies than most kids will in a life time I will
grant this holiday request!! ;)
3.) Mop my disgusting kitchen floor. I loathe doing it. The only thing that saves me is the "aromatherapy" I get from the cleaner I use. Anyone else use Caldrea? I can't say enough good things about these products.
4.) Take Reilly to piano and run to the post office to mail out some valentines...maybe hit the gym if time allows.
5.) Go to Book Club!! I absolutely cannot wait and need to replenish my supply of sanity!!
Things I would do if I were suddenly a Billionaire:
I would help my family financially in any way I could, donate lots of time/money to our city's foster care system particulary my favorite "Sally's House", I would donate lots of money to support missionaries on their missions, humanitarian aid, Perpetual Education Fund etc, donate money to Juvenile Diabetes Research and Cancer Research...and on a more hedonistic bent I would book a trip to Europe for my whole family, buy lake front property, buy my old house in Springdell, buy a kick-"A" ski boat AND...set aside money for our retirement and our kids' educations...and oh yeah...I'd invest.
3 of my bad habits:
1.) I swear... much less than last year...unless I am extremely stressed...then cover your ears.
2.) I worry incessantly. I wish I was a rose-colored glasses kind of girl. I am pleasantly surprised if bad things don't happen. I know. I am working on this. Optimism...what a concept.
3.) I get my feelings hurt very easily.
Places I have lived:
Utah: Provo, Orem, Springville, Provo Canyon, SLC, Sandy, Murray and Midvale.
Idaho
Kansas: Kansas City (Overland Park)
Missouri: Kansas City (Jackson County)
Texas: Houston (The Woodlands)
Washington
Jobs I have had:
1.) Worked at an Athletic Club in high school.
2.) Waitress...numerous times.
3.) Data Entry person for TelAmerica.
4.) Worked the Front Desk at the Howard Johnson Hotel for years in college.
5.) Worked for an emergency foster care receiving home for 2 years...life changing experience. I would admit kids (2-12 years old) to our facility who were just removed from homes usually due to crime, violence, abuse, drugs. They could stay at this facility for up to 3 months. It tore me apart emotionally. I had two kids at the time and still worked there when I was pregnant with Ailey. Something has to change in the foster care system. It can still keep me up at night just thinking about it.
Things most people don't know about me:
1.) I am seriously OCD...poor Tyler.
2.) My testimony means so much to me...it was hard won.
3.) I am jealous of the fact that my kids have a wonderful, loving, involved father. I feel the
loss of this in my life every single day.
4.) It bothers me that my relationship with my mother-in-law is so lacking. I want her to love
and adore me. She doesn't and it bothers me. I wish it didn't...but it does.
5.) The smell of toast makes me gag.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Posted by Kristin at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
fun to read these tags...
your "people don't know" hurt my heart a bit
You are such an interesting woman, Kristin. Great details, great openness...you make tags like this enjoyable to read.
Have fun tonight. Wah.
After more than a year of devoted blog reading, you continue to surprise me!
Great post!
Have fun a book group. The one I joined in PA fizzled after ONE month. Why are there no cool people in PGH?
Post a Comment