Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hellish Torture and then Elation


This is what I saw out my window
yesterday morning!!




What the @#$%!!

NO MORE SNOW!!

Is it Juneuary?


Tyler reminded me that we only have like 9 weeks until fall. How rude was that?!?





But then later in the day I was ELATED after I learned that I had won the contest on Kristi's blog and will receive a $30 gift certificate to the site SweetFunkyVintage. They have really cute things so if you haven't checked out their website...do so!! Now the question is do I spend the $30 on me or my kids? Decisions Decisions. I did see that they have a cute birthday banner which I wish I had seen earlier...as I am up to my eyeballs in fabric making one...but it isn't as cute as theirs. So go see. Thanks Missy and Liz!!

Dinner Alert: White bean soup and cornbread. It's cold here people!!

6 comments:

Lara said...

Yeah, I really thought Hell had frozen over yesterday with the snow coming down in June. Halle told me it was snowing and I laughed at her till I looked for myself and then freaked out and did a time check. June, January? What happened to Spring? Will summer really come?!

Tell Tyler it is not funny to say only 9 more weeks till fall!!!! Wheelbarrow karma may come back to him!

[alisar] said...

Oh, I love Bob Bummer so much. Chad and I make Debbie Downer sounds at inappropriate moments and collapse in raucous laughter. Glad to know we speak the same language in that department.

Naomi said...

I laughed so hard at your commentary with the video. Good thing you won the Kristi contest--a little shopping always puts me back into a better mood.

Is school out for you yet? Our last day is tomorrow. It your summer vaca has already started, it is REALLY crappy!!

Kristin said...

Na- We get out tomorrow too!! I'm hoping for some sunshine and HEAT!! We had a freaky storm last night with gigantic hail...I think my tomatoes are toast.

Lucy said...

It's supposed to warm up this weekend! I know, we've gone to the pool the last three days in a row and it's only been in the 60s. That doesn't work for me. I needed the 60s about a month ago!

We will be out of here by the 4th. Darn it. 25th is our big move day. I'm dreading it.

jenny said...

That is some funky weather you all are getting. Congrats on winning. That would totally make my day! Hope you are staying warm. I will send you some Texas 100 degree heat!!