#42 Austenland by Shannon Hale
This book was recommended to me by my friend, Janyse. It was an excellent morning sickness read. Light, interesting, not too deep and and pays homage to the man among men...Mr. Darcy. (Second only to Jamie Fraiser of Outlander Fame). Who wouldn't like a book where the main character, Jane, gets to live out her Elizabeth Bennett/Mr. Darcy fantasies at an English country house.
Jane is a thirty-something professional whose love life has been less than stellar and who spends lots of time watching/obsessing over the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (and Colin Firth as one Mr. Darcy.) Her wealthy aunt dies and leaves her an three-week vacation at Pembrook Park in England. Jane goes hoping to kick her Darcy habit.
Darcy habit? Who has one of those? Surely not I. Wink Wink. I doubt there is a girl alive who hasn't swooned away many an afternoon reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and dreaming of her own Mr. Darcy.
If you are a lover of Pride and Prejudice (the book) or Pride and Prejudice (the movie/ies)...the BBC version especially...you would enjoy this fun light read. (FYI: I really liked the Keira Knightly version too...I know...boo...hiss.)
My rating: Good...but fluffy.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Posted by Kristin at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
when i was on my jane austin kick this summer i read this. fluffy is right but i enjoyed it, too.
Post a Comment