Thursday, June 09, 2011

4th Grade Is Coming to a Close

Fourth Grade is winding down and I have to say it's been grand. 4th grade boys rock. They are hilarious. I get such a kick out of Kameron and his buddies. They are still innocent and child-like...although on the cusp of preteen-hood. It is a great age!!

In 4th Grade they are taught Human Growth and Development. Kam has been regaling us for the past week and a half with hilarious recounting of their class discussions.

For example:

Kameron: They made us watch a movie called "Just Around the Corner."

Me: Oh really...and what is just around the corner?

Kameron: Puberty. For me...I think it's still a few blocks away...but for Gibby it's knocking on his door. (Gibby already has armpit hair and has been proudly showing it off to all his buddies.)

Kameron also had his 4th grade music program last week. They got to sing and unfortunately play the recorder. Their music teacher had them learn recorder "karate". As they would practice and get better they would move up to several different levels or "belts" until they earned their "black belt". With each belt they received they got a little colored tassel to tie to the end of their recorder.

Let's just say the recorder isn't a particular strength of our Kameron. During the program there were several songs where the "black belts" only got to play and Kam and all his buddies were on the step of shame. Kameron did try to show his support by whistling.

He has reached the age where he is too cool for many things such as kissing him good-bye as he gets out of the car at school each day. If I drop him off at the top of the hill I am allowed to kiss him...in the carpool lane...no way. Apparently getting your picture taken during the music program is also on the no-no list. Right in the middle of performing, if Kam saw that I was attempting to take pictures, he would make not-so-subtle hand slicing across the throat motions!! He and his buddies were also too cool to pose for group shots for me unlike these girls.

Ailey and her BFFS

Remember this picture? Ailey and her BFFs are all of their little sisters!! Trouble x 4!!

My few attempts. One of the songs the kids got to play and sing was "Hot Cross Buns". I loved all the snickers every time they had to sing "buns". Hilarious.

For your viewing pleasure:



I WAS allowed to take all the pictures I wanted...at home.


A gift for you. A little treat for the ears. Enjoy!!


0 comments: