And So It Begins
Oh yes...the day is upon us. Reilly is learning to drive. Heaven help us all. She has had a couple of driving sessions with her daddy. Moms have no business teaching their children to drive. It goes against our very nature and all that we set out to do each and every day to keep them safe. Dads are the ones who chuck kids into the lake and tell them to "SINK OR SWIM." Dads give the wobbly bicycle a big shove and yell "PEDDLE!!" This is yet another area that is a dad's domain. I stay FAR FAR away from this process. I have yet to watch any of this in person...this is a picture Tyler texted to me. Shivers I tell you...shivers. According to Tyler she is doing great. According to Tyler she is a fast learner. I'll take his word for it.
My friend, Valynn, asked me when I would drive with Reilly...good question. Maybe when she has logged A LOT of drive time with Tyler, taken Drivers Ed, and actually gotten her license. Who knows?! It has taken my mom until last summer on our big road trip to actually sleep in the car while I am driving!! She did rouse out of a deep snoring sleep in the passenger seat several times...consequently scaring the heck out of me (and nearly causing an accident)...by yelling "ARE YOU OKAY!!" I have seen her white knuckling it, trying to press an imaginary brake peddle, and pointing out the obvious (The light is red! That's a stop sign! He's turning!) while driving with my other siblings too. Except in the case of Kirk where she just holds on for dear life and kisses the ground upon exiting the vehicle.
Mothers, children, and driving. They just don't mix. Wish us luck!!
Monday, January 09, 2012
Posted by Kristin at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh. my. word. Good luck! I can't imagine the horror :)
Go Riley! and I know I probably just clobbered the spelling of your name, sorry if I did..but I'm sleepless w. the flu and bronchitis right now so I know not what I'm doing! he he Go Riley..but just don't harm pedestrians!
Post a Comment