Thursday, June 07, 2012

Forget March Madness
(Disclaimer...Blogger is really ticking me off with it's inability to do what I want it to with spacing and placement!! Ugh!! I give up.)


It's more like May Madness into June Madness...Mother's Day, Anniversary, 50 million school programs, recitals, performances, sports wrap ups, Memorial Day, into my birthday, Father's Day, Ailey's birthday, Ailey's baptism, vacation, camps etc. Wow.

Here's the latest: 

Ailey had her Ballet Recital. She was a Flower in Peter and the Wolf. I am truly amazed at how much she has improved since last year. She has worked really hard and it shows!! She did a fantastic job.



 Reilly's Choir Concert

Reilly had her final Choir Concert of the year. Her high school Music Department put on an absolutely fantastic concert. The band, orchestra and choir were amazing. Seriously. There are some very talented kids and hard-working teachers at her school. Reilly was in Treble Choir. She tried out and has since made Symphonic Choir for next year.

Reilly's wearing the red ribbon:


 For the grandparents or music lovers:



In this particular song you can hear her voice loud and clear. Right around minute 2:35 when you hear her singing "Oh yeah...are you listening? Can you hear them calling" over and over. That is pretty much all Reilly.


Next up Kameron .... who had yet another Band and Strings Concert. This one was just for the 5th and 6th graders at his school. All I am going to say is that there is a special place reserved in heaven for elementary school band and orchestra teachers!! Kameron did a good job on the ol' trumpet.


Reilly also completed year one of early morning seminary!! Awesome. She actually didn't mind going...being on time however was another matter. Her teacher is a lot of fun and one of Tyler's old mission companions. Bro. Shirley kept the class amused with stories of their antics while serving in North Carolina. One year down...3 more to go!! Reilly also sang with a youth choir at Seminary Graduation and did a beautiful job.



In between all this hullabaloo Stacey and I held a Yard Sale in her small town. I must say we sold a bunch of stuff...even some Sisters Creed leftovers...made good money...and were treated delightfully by her towns folk. Not like my previous yard sale experience. I think I could be up for doing it again in a year. 
Then some super exciting news for us!! We have more cousins moving to Spokane. Justin and Hannah and their three cute kids (and one on the way) will be moving here soon. We can hardly wait!! Last weekend they were here house hunting and we got to have some fun cousin time.








 Gavin and Kameron. They had a fun time playing sports together!!

Ailey and Haylee...both the same age. I just started calling them A and H.

  Grace and Reilly...angsty preteen and teen. :)

Brynnie was pouting because she was left out and didn't have a cousin to play with. Good thing there is a new baby on the way. Perfect. A cousin for Bryn.

And...

 I turned THE BIG 40!! 

(Here I am dealing with my angst by eating cupcakes and gelato at my friend Judy's bakeshop...Sweet Frostings) More on my momentous birthday later.

0 comments: