Things are FINALLY starting to wind down. Well...sort of. School ends tomorrow. I have mixed feelings. I am looking forward to more relaxed days and evenings with school out and most activities over until the fall. That said , we are still going to be pretty busy but nothing like during the school year. Just this next week...we are heading out of town for a few days, Reilly starts a week long Dance Camp, Tyler and Kameron are going on a scout camp out...and then we will start up with swim lessons, tennis lessons, golf, summer piano, multiple vintage sales, big trip to KC, Dance Team stuff, and hopefully a lot of lake time.
Here are some of our latest activities:
Ailey with her piano teacher...my friend, Jodi
Ailey had her Spring Piano Recital. She did a great job!! She played the Bridal Chorus by Wagner. She is hoping Aunt Jordin will let her play it at her wedding. Ha ha!!
So darn cute!!
We also attended our friends' daughter's graduation party. Those are some big smiles. It is hard to say who was more excited about this graduation...Stephanie or her parents! Love the Thumstedters!!
I had friends over for lunch yesterday (should have taken a picture) as our last hurrah...before all the kiddos are home for the summer. It was fun.
As the school year draws to a close...once again I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out good teacher gifts for this year. Both Ailey and Kameron have had wonderful teachers. They go to such a great school and all the teachers are amazing.
This is what their teachers are getting this year...lucky devils:
Only the best cupcakes in the world from my friend, Judy's bake shop...Sweet Frostings. I got the BEST birthday cake from there this year. (Not the one pictured in my last post...from my birthday party at Luna's...but that one was good too).
I'm talking about this one. Check it out!! Salted Carmel Birthday Cake. Carmel Cake with Carmel Frosting. OH.MY.GOODNESS!! It was so FABULOUS!! Due to it's deliciousness and the fact that, I alone, ate 90% of it... I am currently doing the Jillian Michael's Cleanse to rid myself of the poundage packed on because of it. I'll let you know if it works!! ;)
So the end of the school year is in sight...the weather is still slightly chilly...BRING ON SUMMER!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment