Thursday, January 14, 2016

It's January

It's January


Can you tell? A protein shake and a green smoothie pretty much scream it. January 2016 time for new goals and resolutions and getting in better shape is definitely one of mine. Especially since Kirk and Meki are having a destination wedding here...


So time to kick it into gear!!

My entire family is doing a fitness challenge which is great motivation and the plank challenge which sucks rocks. Even my kids are doing the plank challenge which they love. Apparently they plank all the time at school.



I hate planking but need to strengthen my core. It has been nice to have a bunch of workout buddies in person and via our FB page. My Costco cart is looking pretty healthy...because I plan to win!! :)



I also did the Instagram #2015bestofnine and this is how mine turned out...


Apparently it was the Year of Reilly which seems about right. It was pretty momentous.

Reviewing 2015 here are some of the highlights:

-Reilly's boyfriend, Justin, took the discussions and was baptized. That was quite an interesting experience for our family. It was fun to have the missionaries over so frequently and to get to know them and for our children to see the whole conversion process in action.

-Tyler and I went on two romantic getaway trips: one to Portland for Tyler's birthday (We LOVE Portland!!) and one to California ( I LOVE California!!).

-The Seahawks won the Superbowl and the Royals won the World Championships!! It really was a red letter year for our teams.

-Tyler and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary!! Woohoo.

-We visited dear friends who we don't get to see very often. It was so fun!!

-Ailey had a big part in her 5th grade musical. She was Glinda the Good Witch and she did awesome!!

-Reilly FINALLY got her Drivers License.

-Reilly graduated from high school and Kameron started high school.

-Kameron went to an amazing youth conference called Joseph's Legacy.

-Ailey got braces and I can't believe how great her teeth are looking. Amazing.

-Reilly got her CNA certification.

-We saw the super star on June 30, 2015 when Venus and Jupiter were in their closest conjunction in nearly 2,000 years. It was pretty neat!


-I went zip lining for the first time and paddle boarding. I LOVED THEM!!  

-We got a new nephew!! Baby Kirin. It is pretty exciting because we are winding down in the baby making department in my family.

-Kameron went on his first scouting high adventure and I lived through it. I was definitely a nervous mother!!

-Tyler was ousted as the reigning croquet champion. It only took 20 years!!

-We took two trips with the kids: Utah and Montana.

-Reilly got a sizable scholarship. Who knew Paul Mitchell had scholarships but they do.

-Our oldest child moved out and is going to school in another state...and I survived.

-Kameron ran high school XC which was a completely different ballgame from middle school XC.  Bryn ran XC too and kicked butt!!

-All the Johnsons can now ride bikes. Hallelujah.

-Reilly started cosmetology school and people ACTUALLY pay her to cut their hair.

-Kameron started taking bagpipe lessons.

-We survived the nastiest windstorm in 126 years.

-I am talking to my dad more than I have in years. It's been nice. Thank heavens for texting.

-I had a fantastic year with Sisters Creed!! I exceeded my goals and had my very best year yet by A LOT.

Favorite Books I have read this year:

-Ready Player One by Ernst Cline

-Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon

-The Death of Santini by Pat Conroy

-The Martian by Andy Weir

-Frederica by Georgette Heyer

Goal Review for 2015:

In reviewing the goals that I set for myself last year, I feel that I have made some real progress, and accomplished so many of them. That is always nice. My Goals for 2016 are set and I am ready to accomplish them too. :)



Happy 2016!!


1 comments:

Kelley said...

One little excerpt was left out... Your sister bought a house mere blocks from your house ;)
Busy year 2015 was for the Johnsons!