Saturday, April 25, 2020

COVID-19 Quarantine: Days 36-40

Day 36: 4-18-20 (Saturday)


Today was gray and rainy but we wanted to keep the fun going from last night. Tyler and I decided to go for a little day trip. We wanted to see the little town of St. John and some of the other surrounding little towns in WA. We cranked up the music and hit the open road. It was a fun little adventure. We got home around 4pm that afternoon and grabbed the girls and Beverly (Kam was working) and went for a walk at the park.


That night for our Saturday family fun night we ordered pizza and played games. This was big fun for the kids! They love ordering pizza and we very rarely do it because I don't like pizza. They were super excited! Simple pleasures. LOL.


We played all kinds of games until late that night: House on Fire, Name Five, UNO Attack, and Jenga. Then we decided to force Tyler to use his foot masks that Reilly bought for him months ago. They are supposed to give you baby smooth feet. We will see. His feet are supposed to peel like crazy in about a week. Anyway...it was great night of hilarity.

Day 37: 4-19-20 (Sunday)

Sunday morning started off with Zoom Ward Council for me. It's rather sad how much I look forward to it! LOL. I love seeing friends!! We had our home church and Tyler and Kameron blessed the Sacrament. We are loving our ward FB page and all of the fun and uplifting videos that our ward members post on Sundays. My friend Steph who is also the Primary Chorister posted a cute video for the Primary kids. So fun! I spent most of the day talking with my presidency and the ward council. I am trying to come up with ways to keep our Primary teachers and Primary kids connected. My primary activities leaders are so great at doing this but our primary teachers struggle. Our bishop wants us all to come up with some fun virtual ward activities too.

Today was low key and relaxing. I watched an online sermon for a local church that many of our non-lds friends attend. It was great! And...they had some great worship music! It reminded me of my high school Young Life days. Our church is starting to jazz things up a bit with the Youth Theme Songs. I shared some of the sermon with my family during our home church along with our Come Follow Me lesson. I think I'll watch online again next Sunday. You can't get too much churching on Sunday right? LOL. What I really loved is that the messages were just the same as we were getting from our bishop this week. God is good.

For Sunday dinner we had all of my favorites! Tempura shrimp and fried rice and Fruity Pebble Rice Krispy Treats for dessert. We also caught up with Tyler's sister Lori. She is loving her new home in DC. Then Tyler and I binge watched a few shows and went to bed. It was a very relaxing day.

Day 38: 4-20-20 (Monday)

Today our school district changed how they were doing things. School work has intensified. Grades will go on report cards. All of the kids teachers are now requiring daily assignments that are graded and mandatory Zoom meetings where attendance counts. Our kids schools have basically been doing this but like I said things have somewhat intensified.

We had a Zoom parent meeting with Bryn's teacher and all of the parents. Mrs. A was explaining the changes and expectations going forward. It was so great to see her! We love her so much. She has finished all of her cancer treatments and is cancer free!


We walked at the park and it was HOT! The temps were in the 70s. This afternoon my friend Arianne dropped off cookies and a sweet card. Those kinds of thoughtful gestures make my day even when we aren't in quarantine but they are extra special when we are!

Tyler and I are kicking up our exercise...we are now walking twice a day. Once during the day and then again at night. The girls and Beverly came with us tonight. We went after dark and did some stargazing with an app on Tyler's phone. It really helps me to feel less claustrophobic to be outside several times a day.

We came home to absolutely heartbreaking news. Our friend Chris passed away tonight from cancer. We are so incredibly sad. He is beloved. Not only is he a friend of many years and husband to my sweet friend Lara...he was also Kam's XC coach and teacher to three of our kids in high school. This was a sad sad night as texts came in from friends. My heart goes out to his incredible wife and their three children. Chris has been an inspiration to so many. The legend of Coach Cav and his influence will live on. Cancer sucks.

Day 39: 4-21-20 (Tuesday)

Tyler had meetings this morning. Ailey and Bryn were super busy with school and projects. I finished a book. Hooray! The first one during quarantine. I finished A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I have been doing a buddy read with Ailey. She has to read it for school and I have enjoyed discussing it with her.

We did our double walk again. Once during the day and once at night. We washed the car and went to the bank. Errands seem less mundane now. They get us out of the house and it feels good even if we don't get out of the car!


Reilly came over for a porch visit after she got off of work. It is always so good to see her. Social distancing works great on our deck and it allows us to have a nice long visit. Kameron had the day off of work so he got to visit with her too. Kam gave his two weeks notice at work. His mission is coming up quickly and now it is time to buckle down and prepare. He may still occasionally work on weekends until they can replace him. His boss was super understanding.

Today my heart was aching for Lara and her kids. I hate this effing quarantine that doesn't allow me to run over to her house, hug her, and cry with her.  Chris' funeral will be a drive thru memorial at our church to pay our respects to their family. I want this pandemic to end!

Day 40: 4-22-20 (Wednesday)

Today we walked early. It is supposed to rain. It is gray and dreary. Just a typical day in our usual quarantine routine. It is crazy how quickly we have established a new normal. Today Tyler was supposed to have an appointment with his endocrinologist but due to COVID-19 he had his check up online. I guess it worked out okay. His blood work can all be downloaded from his sensor and pump. I look forward to the day when we can go back to actually being seen by a doctor. Especially those who have chronic conditions. The good news is that his A1C is the lowest that it has ever been.

In between making sure online school was happening and various other projects... I was madly trying to finish up my book club book. This month we are reading:

  

I talked to both my brother Kirk and my sister Jordin on the phone today. I also texted with my BFF from college Tiffany. That was definitely a highlight! Tyler and I walked and managed to dodge the rain. Bryn had another FaceTime piano lesson. I thought that these might slow down her piano progress but she is really doing great!

Tonight Ailey had an online YW activity. They played Bingo. Everyone else just wanted to do their own thing after dinner. Sometimes it is needed. Everyone needs some alone time. I watched some TV but it just made me feel claustrophobic and depressed. I like to be DOING something. Too much TV watching and zoning out on my phone bores and depresses me. I managed to read a little bit before bed which was nice.

I cannot believe that we are 40 days into quarantine and no end in sight. It is surreal.

0 comments: