Well this month took an insane turn... didn't it? Life as we knew it changed in the matter of a week. Here is what happened before March 13th... another super crappy Friday the 13th. My mom died on Friday the 13th. I am a believer now. They are bad luck. March was also super snowy.
We started the month off with Tyler's regular cardiology appointment. He goes twice a year. It's a miracle that we got it in before everything blew up. All looked good. Tyler requested doing a nuclear stress test. It's been over 5 years since he got his stent and he just wanted make sure that his heart was working as it should. It was scheduled for the next week and then it got rescheduled and now it is on hold indefinitely due to COVID-19.
Bryn started Bloomsday Training at school and she was so excited about it! It is track for the elementary school kids. She got two weeks in. Missing out on Bloomsday Training at her elementary school and having her track season cancelled for her city team was a tough blow.
Before all of that happened...Bryn needed some new running shoes and running clothes because Track was about to begin so Tyler and I took her out for a little shopping trip to the mall and out to lunch at the food court. It was fun to spend some time alone with her. Trips to the mall seem like the distant past don't they?
I also had a fun gathering with friends the week before we all went into quarantine. We all attended the Boulevard Mercantile Open House. Several of our friends are vendors at this fun store that was celebrating their new location. Tyler and I went out to dinner for Indian food for our date night and then met up with a bunch of our friends at the open house.
It was quite the party with live music, drinks, and hors d'oeuvres. It was a packed house and it was a gift. It was a night to have fun and hang out with some of our dearest friends. I am so glad that we got to see Jennifer and Jamie, Brettnie and Todd, Steven and Glad, Celia and Josh, Penny, and so many other people that I love and adore. We had such a fabulous night!!
In early March we had some awesome singing times in Primary! My friend Steph does such a great job as the Primary Chorister! I love being in Primary and we have such a great bishop! I miss the kids so much!!
Bryn read Where the Red Fern Grows for the first time. It is such a rite of passage. We cried together. I love that book so much! One of my favorite things about being a parent is sharing books with my kids!!
Right before the world went insane we had a fun Activity Day Girls/YW Combo Activity. The younger girls wanted the older girls to teach them different hairstyles. It was fun for Ailey and Bryn to have an activity together. I helped out with the activity so we all got to be there!
Ailey teaching braiding.
Bryn practicing a crown braid.
Ailey supervising!
All of this braiding practice has come in handy during quarantine.
The girls have been doing all kinds of hairstyles!
The sister missionaries came and helped out too!
Bryn and her friend Audriana from school. Our activity day girls are so great about inviting friends to their activities. I love it!
This was a Wednesday night and by Thursday Tyler was working from home and the world had gone insane. This was our last normal night...the last night we hung out with friends... and I am so glad that we got it!


0 comments:
Post a Comment