Day 81: 6-2-20 (Tuesday)
Today is Black Out Tuesday on social media. Each day brings new heartbreak, anger, and sadness. Racism is real and change needs to be made in the hearts and minds of people and in the implicit bias, systemic racism, and corruption that exist. This is not a new topic of discussion in our family. How could it be? We have a diverse family. My brother-in-law has educated us on so many things over the years. (As have my cousins.) Ramon has personally lost loved ones to police violence. He personally experiences racism regularly. He personally raises his children in such a way as to protect them from police violence. Racism and protecting his family is something that he thinks about every single day. He has taught us so much over the years and has brought so many things to the forefront of our minds that would have never occurred to us. We have listened and we have learned. We are still listening and learning. We will continue to listen, learn, grow, improve, ACT, and SPEAK. Change MUST happen. I am grateful for the diversity that exists in our family's lives...brother, nieces and nephews, cousins, and friends. I am grateful for the really hard and uncomfortable conversations that I have had over the years, that are still happening, and will continue to happen. I pray for equality and peace. I pray for love and acceptance. I pray for a better world and better people (myself included) with hearts broken wide open in love for all.
Day 82: 6-3-20 (Wednesday)
Today was a busy day. I had multiple errands to run. It felt good to be able to run errands...even masked and social distancing. I rearranged my deck with the two new benches and potted a few more plants. Now I need two more pillows but it is coming together nicely!
I also helped a family in our ward plan their son's baptism. Baptisms are still a bit challenging in the time of COVID-19. This cute kid has been waiting to be baptized since March. I also got to do a sweet porch visit with him. It was fun to see him and bring him a little gift and treat. Our stake is only allowing immediate family and the bishop to attend baptisms. I am so excited for this little guy! Also today Bryn's piano teacher dropped off a treat for her...AND...great news...our library is now offering curbside pick up for holds!! Yay!!
Earlier this week the realtor did another walk through of my mom's Sandpoint house and had a photographer there taking pictures. She sent the pictures and link today and they look great! The listing goes live tomorrow. I hope it sells quickly. The sooner we wrap up my mom's estate the better.
Many of the things Kam needs for his mission and that we ordered online have started arriving... clothing, shoes, an extra suitcase. He is going to have to order his suits online and hope they arrive in time. Nothing is open here for him to buy suits! We have only received half of his temple clothes...some are still on back order. The distribution center here is closed. Our temple is closed as are all of the ones in the Pacific Northwest. We may have to drive to Utah for him to take out his endowments. If those ever open for personal endowments. We are down to 27 days and it is stressing me out! His good friend Nick leaves the same day and is going to Colorado. So at least they are in the same boat! I am so grateful for my amazing friends who have sent sons out on missions and for Kam's friends who are serving/have served missions who have been super helpful in telling him/us exactly what he needs and where to buy things!
We had a scare tonight. I talked to my sister Jordin. There is craziness in Sandpoint with rumors of threats against people of color by white supremacy groups. Northern Idaho has been a hot bed of white supremacy for decades. It is disgusting. Needless to say we were worried and concerned about Jordin, Ramon, and their family. Thankfully they are safe. I pray they continue to be.
Day 83: 6-4-20 (Thursday)
Mission Prep continues. More clothing and supplies arrived today. Tyler and Kam went to the LDS bookstore here, which surprisingly was open, and they were able to buy Kam some new scriptures with his name embossed on the front and a new scripture case and a particular kind of belt that Kam wanted. We ordered his suits online yesterday and requested express shipping. We got a notice today saying that they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow! What?! Hallelujah! That is great news because we will also need to schedule alterations.
Graduation announcements have been rolling in from so many kids that we love! Our fridge is covered in their cute faces. My heart goes out to the class of 2020. I graduated in 1990 and I would NOT have been able to roll with the punches like they are doing! Today is officially the last day of school for the Seniors. Yay for Abbey! Her drive thru graduation is scheduled for Saturday. We can't attend because there can only be one car per student. Kam is riding with her family. I am glad that he can be there. We will be watching virtually and cheering her on!
The Sandpoint house listing is live. In 7 hours there have already been 154 views and 15 saves. I REALLY hope it sells quickly!!
I worked on Sisters Creed stuff all day. I am not into it. This weekend would have been Farm Chicks. I don't feel too bad that it has been postponed. I need to get back into enjoying this business or find something else to do. I seriously lack motivation; this is NOT a normal state for me.
Day 84: 6-5-20 (Friday)
Today is my BIRTHDAY! #48!!
I love my birthday and this year was no different despite quarantine and the weather being pretty crappy. My day started with breakfast in bed and gifts! When I got up the house had been decorated which I absolutely loved!!
I had the cutest little tuxedo cake, macarons, and marzipan fruits!!
Flowers from Tyler and the kids.
We decided to spend my birthday at the lake despite the cold and rainy weather. My birthday activity choices are rather limited thanks to COVID. Just before we left the house Kam's suits arrived!! Miracle!! They fit pretty well. He just needs the pants hemmed for both suits and his temple pants hemmed too.
He's starting to look official! In another miracle...Kam called the alteration place and they said that he could come in today and get fitted. Can you hear the angels singing?! He stayed home to get all of that done today. Time is of the essence!
It was overcast and windy at the lake but that didn't stop us! I had a great day of paddleboarding and I got an extra workout going against the wind. Bryn was my trusty sidekick in the kayak.
We had another dock picnic! Ailey and Bryn packed us a delicious lunch! Then while Bryn and I went kayaking and paddleboarding; Ailey and Tyler were inside the house making homemade ice cream as a special birthday treat for me! My grandma used to make homemade ice cream out at the lake all the time when I was a kid. It is such a special memory for me. I loved to see several ice cream makers going out on her porch in the summer. It has been many years since I've had homemade ice cream so to have my family make it for me today was extra special!
So good!
We actually had quite a fun day swimming, paddleboarding, and kayaking. The boat is still in the shop getting prepped for summer and getting anything that needs to be fixed taken care of. We ordered a life jacket for Miss Beverly. She was having fun in the water today too.
Paddleboard thieves! They like mine more than theirs. LOL.
Bryn showing off! Push ups and planking!! Impressive.
Around 6pm it started to rain so we quickly packed everything up and headed to Coeur d' Alene for sushi. I was super excited to have my first sushi since March!! We got it to go and headed to a park that had a picnic pavilion near Lake Coeur d' Alene. It was pouring rain but we were under cover and even had a tablecloth for our picnic table and all of the supplies for a fancy little sushi picnic. Where we were we could look out on the lake and watch the storm. I absolutely loved it!
When we got home that night Reilly and Hunter had been there. They had set out all kinds of surprises for me! I walked in the door to giant balloons, flowers, card, gifts, and even a box of my favorite Mrs. Sees chocolates! They are the sweetest!!
Pretty flowers from Reilly and Hunter!
It was a great day of phone calls, texts, messages, gifts, and love from family and friends! I definitely felt loved, remembered, and celebrated!
Day 85: 6-6-20 (Saturday)
Today should have been the first day of the Farm Chicks Show. Instead I watched the live Farm Chicks Fair-a-thon. Serena hosted an online event where Farm Chicks curators could share videos of some of the things they are selling. I decided not to participate. It's hard to showcase my stuff. It's not like I have a particular product that I sell. I have furniture, small items, and just a weird variety of things. It is difficult to showcase all of that in a video but it was fun to watch and see some of my fellow vendors. It got me excited for the show in August.
Today was graduation day for Abbey!! She graduated Summa Cum Laude! She is cute and smart! She's not our kid but we are still super proud of her! She has a full ride scholarship to college next year at an exclusive university. She plans to study biology. She is awesome!! We are so happy for her! Kam spent the day with Abbey and her family. He got to cram in her parent's car along with her siblings. He sat on a stool. LOL. So fun to cheer this girl on!
After the graduation party two of my sweet friends, Steph and Shannon, stopped by for a nice long porch visit! They had all kinds of birthday things for me too. It was such a fun night!
And...miracle of miracles...all of Kam's mission clothes were altered in less than 24 hours. He picked them up today and they fit great! We are starting to cross things off of the mission prep list. Yay!
Tyler and I did a late night walk at the park. And...my roses are starting to bloom. The yellow roses are the first!
Today was a great day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment