Day 91: 6-12-20 (Friday)
A few things: Beverly's life jacket arrived and it is adorable. Polka dots! The church announced that missionaries can now wear BLUE shirts and can wear shirts and tags without ties. Kam was pretty excited about this!
Today we had an appraisal done on the lake house. We also had our realtor do a walk through. We are doing all of these to ascertain the value of the property. It is a rather unique place. Today was not great for interactions with my siblings. This whole situation is hard enough without all of their extra garbage and grievances. It is beyond frustrating. I was super grateful for some good advice from my cousin Wendy who is a realtor in Oregon. She was so helpful and provided some great insight into dealing with our realtor and navigating the realty world.
Kam and Abbey took Beverly to her vet check-up. She did great and is a "perfect" pug. I'm not sure about that! She can be a little stinker sometimes but we sure love her! They texted us this picture of Beverly driving home. Ha ha!
Tyler and I had a fun date night! We explored two lakes in our area. The first was Bead Lake. Our friends have a lake cabin on it that they are selling and we wanted to check out the area. We also went to Marshall Lake which is a great paddleboarding and kayaking spot. I can't wait to try it out! We stopped and got dinner at The Ram. Whenever we are up in that neck of the woods...Girls Camp and Scout camp are up this way... we have to stop at The Ram. They have giant huckleberry soft serve cones! Amazing!
Day 92: 6-13-20 (Saturday)
Today it is absolutely POURING rain! The weather has been crappy for weeks. One of my weeks at the lake is next week and it looks like it will be fairly cold and rainy. Swell. Kameron went up to Priest Lake to spend the weekend with Abbey and her family at their cabin. The days are going by so fast! His mission cell phone arrived. We can check another thing off of the list. COVID-19 has made mission preparations even more stressful. I am so glad that things are continuing to get done!
Since today was so rainy I tried to enjoy being cooped up inside. I snuggled up with a blanket and read my book. That was okay for awhile but then I got a little stir crazy. It's hard for me to be still. I got up and started organizing some things around the house.
When Tyler and I went up to the Sagle house a few weeks ago to clear out some more things from my mom's house; Jordin and I found a bin that had some of her quilting projects in it that weren't quite finished. I recognized two of them and brought them home. Today I got them ready to store until I find someone who can finish them for me. While doing so I found a *message* from my mom.
This is a wedding quilt that my mom started working on for me and never quite finished. She was famous for that! She loved starting creative projects but apparently didn't love the drudgery of finishing them. LOL. I remember picking out the fabric for this quilt with her back in the 90s! Ha ha! While inspecting the quilt closely I saw a message written in pencil inside the heart on the quilt that she was planning to embroider. Cue all the tears!
It says in her handwriting:
Peace Be to this Union
Kristin and Tyler
Established 1995
The other quilt is a baby blanket that she made for Kameron! LOL. She made him many other blankets so it wasn't like this was the only one. But once again I remembered picking out the vintage cowboy prints with her. I showed it to Kam and said that I would get it finished for him and he could give it to his future son one day and he got a little teary. I am so grateful that my kids appreciate the handmade gifts they have been given over the years from my mom. She made them all blankets, quilts, pillowcases, pillows, outfits, pajamas, robes, Halloween costumes, curtains, stuffed animals...and so much more!
My friend Arianne came over and brought me some gorgeous flowers from the Farmers Market! That totally made my day! I didn't feel like making dinner so we had Jimmy Johns deliver. The rain finally ended around 8:30 pm so we headed out for a much needed walk.
Day 93: 6-14-20 (Sunday)
Today I had Zoom Ward Council at 9 AM. We have been given some guidelines for going back to church. It looks like we may start going back to church in July. **fingers crossed** We can't have groups larger than 50 so we may have 4 sacrament meetings a month so that each family can attend church at least once a month. It all depends on when Spokane County moves to Phase 3.
We had home church and Bryn taught a great lesson. It was weird with Kameron still at Priest Lake and our family down to just the four of us. This will soon be our reality. So strange.
We had some communication from our realtor about the Sagle property and her thoughts about the value of the lake house. Some big decisions need to be made. Tyler and I ran out to the lake this evening to drop off the trailer with all of our bikes, paddleboards, and kayaks in it. We have to bring out so much crap to stay for a week! Kam was back from Priest Lake when we got home. He had a fun time with Abbey and her parents.
Day 94: 6-15-20 (Monday)
Today I did my first Costco run in 2 months. I haven't missed it at all! I had a few more errands this morning to get things that we will need for our week at the lake. We didn't leave until the afternoon because Ailey had a scheduled time that she was supposed to be at the high school to turn in whatever still needed to be turned in and to pick up any of her locker belongings. We got to the lake at around 4 pm.
It was windy and rainy when we got there but the flowers are in full bloom. In between rain showers Tyler and I went for a walk up to the channel and beyond. I took some pictures of the flowers.
Our family's lake cabin is called Lilac Lodge due to the profusion of lilac bushes that grow all around it. The white lilacs are blooming. The purple ones bloomed earlier. I usually miss this because it isn't a time of year that I am usually out at the lake. The weather is fickle and the water is still pretty cold. We are usually so busy with end of the school year things too. I was glad that I didn't miss it this year.
The purple clover always remind me of the lake. My cousins and I would pick it and pluck out the little individual petal things and chew on the ends for the sweet sugary taste.
The wild roses all bloom in June too and they are so pretty and smell so good! I love to see them on the edge of the lake and hanging over the water.
My Grandma's pansies.
She loved pansies and would plant a whole pansy bed in an old decrepit rowboat in the yard. She hasn't planted pansies in over 10 years but they have reseeded themselves in all kinds of random places! I love to find them. I was mowing the lawn in April and found some growing in the middle of the lawn. I carefully extricated the little plant and brought it home in a paper cup to my house and planted them in my yard. They make me smile.
My Grandma's irises are blooming too. She was crazy about that iris bed. I remember weeding that darn iris bed in the sweltering sun as a kid when all I wanted to do was jump in the lake! Stacey, Kelley, our cousin Tania, and I used to stay at the lake for a month every summer and we always had chores to do. Weeding the iris bed was one of them. It is a special thing to see the flowers that were planted by those who aren't with us any longer. It feels like a special hello from them and a reminder that life goes on.
Tonight we just chilled out and listened to the rain. Tyler and the kids watched movies. I was a history detective. My aunt and uncles are coming to get all of the family history stuff in July that has been stored at the lake house. I enjoyed looking through pictures and reading documents. My grandma was super into genealogy. As I read her notes and papers it brought she and my grandpa back to vibrant life!
I miss them!
Day 95: 6-16-20 (Tuesday)
The weather was still pretty rainy today when we put the boat in for the first time this year. It's still weird to think that the boat is ours and that we aren't just helping my mom with it like we have done for years.
We headed to the dock and picked up the girls and Miss Beverly. We took our first boat ride and did our first lake tour. My mom always loved to do a lake tour at the first of the season to see what had changed over the winter. Anything new or different? Any new cabins? Any remodels?
Bev loves the boat and now that she has her life jacket she was ready to cruise!
The first stop on the cruise was to float some of those pretty white lilacs in my mom's cove. I think she would have really liked that. Lilac Lodge Lilacs.
The weather was a little iffy in the morning but by afternoon and evening it was pretty nice. We had a great time swimming (Yes, still cold!), kayaking, and paddleboarding. You can't keep us out of the water. We are pretty hardy!
We ordered Chinese takeout for dinner and played games until late. It was great!!
The favorite game of the night was one from my childhood. Twenty Questions. Still fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment