Day 86: 6-7-20 (Sunday)
Today we celebrated my birthday with all of the kids. We had such a fun day! We decided to go on another family bike ride but this time with Reilly, Hunter, and Kameron too. It was still cold and gray but the forecast was showing that if we went early enough we could beat the rain that was coming later in the day.
We decided to do the Coeur d' Alene section of the Centennial Trail again. This is the same ride that we did on Mother's Day but we wanted to go even farther today if the weather held out. We did! It was a great ride!
On our way back we cycled past Le Peep and got some crepes for brunch! So good!
Several hours later we all headed home and then reconvened at the house for my birthday dinner. The weather was terrible. It was so rainy and windy. No eating on the deck for us. The kids had the house decorated so pretty. Abbey came over for dinner too.
Pretty birthday flowers from Abbey!!
Tyler and the kids made my traditional birthday dinner. When we were watching old family videos at the lake over Memorial Day several of them were of our birthdays and we were laughing about our birthday meals. Kirk said, "Let me guess what we are eating... finger steaks, ranch dressing, and mashed potatoes!" I said, "Correct, and I will be eating it again on my birthday in a week!" And ... I did! I eat this meal once a year and it is so worth it!!
Menu:
Finger Steaks (My Grandma's Recipe)
Mashed Potatoes (Kam made the best garlic mashed potatoes this year!!)
Ranch Dressing to dip the steak in.
Onion Dip and Chips
My birthday cake was my favorite Swedish Princess Cake that Tyler ordered from Fery's. It is so good! Vanilla sponge cake with layers of cream and raspberry filling and covered in marzipan. It is AMAZING!
It was so fun to FINALLY have everyone gathered around the table again. It was an awesome family dinner. I forced everyone to do "Table Topics" which I love and they do not. LOL. I love that when it is your birthday you get to make everyone do the things that you want to do without complaint! It's great!
After dinner we had a family game night and the same rules applied. I picked all the games that I love and that my family hates. Charades? Yes, please! Games about celebrities that include funny humiliating antics. Yep! They were very good sports and played several hours of The Name Game and Celebrity Game Night! It was perfection. After that it was cake and presents. The best gift of all was being able to be around these crazy people again!
48 is pretty great!
Birthday festivities are over and it was time to get back at it. I worked on Sisters Creed inventory all day. Tyler and I did a double walk...morning and night. The boat shop called. Our boat is already for summer. It is in great shape...no major repairs! Yay! We can pick it up tomorrow!
We also worked on mission prep things like ordering Kam's bike, his mission phone (He has to have an old Samsung...ha ha!), and filled out more paperwork. Kam got an email tonight saying that his MTC training will be online. Bummer. He also had to call Salt Lake to find out what he is supposed to do if no temples are open to take out his endowments before his mission. They told him that if none are open for living endowments then he will have to do it on his mission when temples open up for that again. HOW BIZARRE IS THAT? Missionaries leaving for missions without going through the temple? He also got his hair cut! Praise the Lord!
Day 88: 6-9-20 (Tuesday)
Today Spokane County reopened playgrounds. Kam got a summons for jury duty...although it will be after he is already serving his mission so he was able to get out of it. Lucky. Although he would have probably really enjoyed it. He's into stuff like that.
Last night my cousin, Marie (center) participated in a peaceful protest in Jackson,Wyoming and literally had people screaming at her, threatening her, and calling her the N-word. At a peaceful protest! She wasn't doing anything and from the sounds of it she was the only person of color there. Disgusting. I am grateful for those who stood by her and supported her!
Day 89: 6-10-20 (Wednesday)
Today we had Lowe's come and give us a bid on replacing all of the flooring on the main level of our home. I cannot wait to get this project done. The girls and I left and ran some errands while Tyler dealt with the guy from Lowe's. I got them Cinnabon and chocolate milk for breakfast. Ailey also had to go to the high school and pick up her yearbook. She was very excited to see it. Kameron looked through Abbey's the night before and told Ailey that she was "all over the place in it" so she was very eager to see it. She is such a great little joiner and loves to be part of all the high school activities. Can't relate. :)
Reilly took a day off of work today so that she and Kameron could have a "bro/sis" day. They went to Coeur d' Alene to hike Tubbs Hill. On their way back Reilly's car blew a tire on the freeway so it ended up being quite the bro/sis adventure. Glad they were okay!
Day 90: 6-11-20 (Thursday)
Today a beloved family member tested positive for COVID-19. So scary. Now several other family members are being tested. This is the first person that I know personally that has gotten the Coronavirus. In Spokane cases are spiking. It's higher than even in March and April. Tyler's boss is still saying they most likely won't go back to the office until September. Utah is getting really bad too with an 80% increase. Scary.
Seattle is chaos with protesters taking over several city blocks, running out the police, and setting up an "autonomous zone" in the Capital Hill area.
I headed back to the nursery today to buy more flowers to plant. My flowers are making me feel Zen-like (kind of) in crazy and stressful times. We also got the boat all fixed up to take out to the lake next week. I can't wait! Kirk, Tyler, and I all watched a movie "together" via the miracle of technology. Kirk and I revisited our youth and our love of the movie American Flyers! LOL.

0 comments:
Post a Comment