Day 171: 8-31-20 (Monday)
Today was a day of good news!! First, the St. Paul Minnesota Temple has moved to Stage 2. That means Kam can go through the temple now. I REALLY hope that parents will be able to attend with their missionaries. Second, we got our appraisal back and we were able to submit it to our attorney. Kirk and I were happy with the results. Third, I also sold another large hutch at the store!! Wow! Three in less than a month. They are good money makers for me. They are my most expensive furniture pieces.
Fourth, and the very best part, talking to Kam! He is doing well! He survived his first transfers. He stayed in Oakdale, MN. He was okay with that. One of his companions got transferred and his trio got a newbie fresh on the mish! Kam was feeling good about being a more *seasoned* missionary. LOL. He also got to "model" for some stock photos of missionaries. He was pretty hilarious telling us all about that! And to think that he is our kid who hates having his picture taken. LOL.
Day 172: 9-1-20 (Tuesday)
It's hard to believe that it is the first day of September. The summer has flown by so quickly even with having a few extra months! How are we still in quarantine with no sign of it ending? What happened to "two weeks to flatten the curve"? Frustrating.
Today Tyler and I rented yet another storage unit but this one will be large enough to hold the boat and the contents of our two other storage units. Good grief. I am turning into my mother. But to be honest most of what I am having to store are things of hers! I have always had a storage unit for my business but I had to get another storage unit for all of the furniture and items that I inherited from her while I figure out what to do with them. It was getting super expensive. Hopefully this will be a good solution and now that I have a regular booth at Midtown Market I don't have as much to store.
Day 173: 9-2-20 (Wednesday)
The first Johnson went back to school today. It was Beverly! She had her first day of obedience training. She is pretty good although she definitely has a mind of her own at times. Tyler and Bryn went with her. Of course she was a little angel at obedience school and didn't exhibit any of the behaviors she was there for!
Kirk and I set up another appointment with our attorney. Another step forward. It will be good to have that over with and moving onto the next step. This process is SO SLOW. Tyler and I have both been working away during the day. It's a busy time for him and for me. It feels good after so many weird hazy unmotivated months after my mom died and then quarantine.
Day 174: 9-3-20 (Thursday)
This morning I had an early Pre-Baptism visit with one of the Primary kids. It was fun to visit with him on the porch and also because I got to see my friend Summer. She is my book twin. Do you have one of those? She is a person who has very similar taste in books. I can always count on her book recommendations. Always! She is also in my book club and I love her insights! Anyway, it was good to see her. They have gotten a new puppy since quarantine. Harry Potter is his name and he is an escape artist. Whilst chatting away with Summer; Harry Potter decided to make his escape. He took off and didn't look back. As I couldn't be the horrible hated Primary President who contributed to the loss of this family's new pet I joined in on the hunt for Harry. Can you imagine? Those boys would have never forgiven me. After about 20 minutes that felt like 3 hours; Harry Potter was located and brought back home!
After that craziness I had an appointment with our attorney. I was dreading it. Tyler came with me and Kirk was on speaker phone. My prayer going is was that I would walk out feeling positive and I did. I actually felt like a burden had been lifted. So that was good.
Tyler and I were going to grab some lunch on our way home from Panera. Reilly works near our attorney's office so I called her to see if we could bring her some lunch. We ended up having a great lunch visit with Reilly and got to meet a bunch of the people that she works with. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad that we could make it happen. How often does an adult child get to have have lunch with her parents. LOL. It was nice to hear how much she is valued there and that she is such a hard worker. Parent Payday right there!
Later we had vendor night at the store in Coeur d' Alene. It is always fun! I brought in some new things and did a quick refresh of the booth. We grabbed Sweeto Burrito for dinner. It really is nice to take a trip to CDA once a week!
Day 175: 9-4-20 (Friday)
Bryn had an appointment at the elementary school this morning to pick up her textbooks and online learning supplies for 6th grade. We also found out who she got as her teacher this year. She was a bit disappointed. She got Mrs. C. Kameron had her for 6th grade and she was fine and he liked her okay. But Ailey had Bryn all freaked out because Ailey wanted her to have Mrs. S who Ailey had in 6th grade and she had convinced her that Mrs. C. wasn't great. (The teacher Reilly had for 6th grade doesn't teach at our school anymore.) I sent out an SOS to Kam who came through like a champ. We also went school supply shopping for the girls and got what they needed.
We talked to Tyler's mom today about their travel plans. They are coming to visit next week. They are going to stay at the lake with us since it will be our week out there. The last time Judie and Joel came to the lake my grandma lived there and it was before she went blind so it's been awhile.
I also got to have a nice visit with my friend Janyse. I haven't seen her since COVID began! She had been dejunking and had a dresser that was her husband's from childhood that she wanted to give me. It is super cute! Tyler and I went over and had a great porch visit with she and Dennis. It was a lot of fun to catch up. I miss her! I miss friends! I miss my Pre-COVID life!
Tonight was date night! I feel like we get two a week now and I am here for it! Nothing too exciting but we grabbed dinner from our favorite Asian place and headed to the park. We also did a great night walk. I love those!
Late tonight we got the greatest email!! It was from Kam's Mission President saying that parents ARE invited to come to Minneapolis to attend the temple with their missionaries!! Yay!! Now shriek that at the highest decibel possible and that is what I sounded like! We are so excited!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment