Friday, September 04, 2020

Email from Elder Johnson #5



Group Email: 8-17-20

1000 Bottles of Hot Sauce on the Wall....

What is up partay peopleeeeee? I hope all is well with y'all. Miss ya like crazy but I'll get through it....:( 😂😂 Anyway, sooo remember when I talked about those sick lighting storms? Sooo we had another one...and I got pictures so imma attach dems below so you can understand. 






Anyway! This week's been pretty good! Got some service in, I led a couple of lessons, and had a zoom mission tour so all In all banger week.

We had quite a few zoom lessons which are pretty cool...if you like that sort of thing. Idk I'm pretty neutral on it but sometimes we're like... yo we need to leave this dang apartment or somebody gonna die...not actually die...but I mean never say never. 

Anywayyy mission tour! Basically a mission tour is some higher ups in our church (area 70 if you know what that means;) usually come to the mission and talk to us and train us on what they feel we could be educated more on. This was the same idea but over zoom. It was 4 hours long but it was gooood stuff. Lots of really good training. Just long tbh. Lil quote I liked from it goes like this, "Don't define yourself because of your weakness, we are shown our weaknesses so that we may take them and make them strong and improve ourselves." I love that. A lot of us get down on ourselves for being weak in certain areas but it's meant to help us grow and become better, faster, and stronger then we were before. 

We got some service in as well. We helped 2 peeps move. Super fun actually. One of them was a quick move cause they didn't have a ton of stuff but what she did have shocked us tbh. Bottles on bottles on bottles on bottles of hot sauce. We were just like holy fetch that's soooooo much hot sauce. For numbers sake my comps and I guess roughly 1000 bottles? Probably a little more. I dunno it was a lot. Super nice lady though. She gave us Pepsi which was banger. 

A few more things and then I'll wrap up. My district is seriously the coolest dudes ever. I love'em to death. I gave a talk in church on Sunday on hope. I'd say it went pretty okay. Not the worst experience ever but we're moving forward. I seriously love being a missionary. Loving every minute of it. 


Also I got a pet bird. His name is Dwight. I'll attach some pics of him too. He just shows up in the morning and at night and chills right next to the sliding glass window when I'm sitting next to it on the inside. He came by this morning with his buddy so that was epic. Anyway take care y'all. I love ya. Be safe and don't get the rona and remember... Hope is dope. Catch ya on the flippity flop. 

-Elder Johnson

0 comments: