So Many Posts And So Little Time!
Last week flew by in a blur. We have had so much going on. We had the missionaries over, our home teachers over, a big family dinner, the Science Fair, a girls night for me and Reilly and a trip out to the lake...plus I FINALLY got my hair cut and highlighted...Thank goodness!

Kirk, Jayme and Kaiden
Aunt Kristin and Kaiden
Friday night Reilly and I went to the Church to help decorate for the Stake Activity Day Activity, which was a Modest Fashion Show. After we were done we decided to have a little night on the town. We had talked about going for ice cream at Maggie Moo's but it was FREEZING and so we decided to go to one of our favorite places, Taco Del Mar. We were starving and had our hearts set on a huge order of nachos...but we were denied. They have some crazy winter hours...who closes at 8pm on a Friday night? In the time we tried the door, found it locked, and got back in our car three other customers tried to get in as well. We decided against Ferrantes (our usual) and ended up at Wendy's for Vanilla Frosties and Fries. Ahh...health food. It was so much fun to sit, talk, and giggle with Reilly. She is growing up so fast!
Here are some pictures from the Fashion Show...Our ward wasn't modeling the clothes...we were in charge of decorations...but when Reilly heard from Andrea that all the girls would get a chance to strut their stuff on the catwalk she came all decked out!

I then spent Saturday afternoon with Armand...Armand is my hairdresser...is that the right word nowdays?? Hair stylist...whatever. Armand was recommended to me several years ago by my friend Elisa and I have been going ever since. There are several perks to going to Armand. He is cheap, he will always fit me in, and he gives a great 10-15 minute head, neck, and shoulder massage. I have a tolerate/annoyed relationship with him (rather than a love/hate relationship)...the reason for this is that he is moody!! There is nothing worse than a moody man...especially one who holds your hair in his hands. Another reason that Armand can annoy me is he thinks we are good friends. Armand has done hair for most everyone in my book club at least once. He is friends with and does the hair for many of my non-lds friends. He knows my family and has done hair for some of them...and he very BRIEFLY...dated my sister, Kelley (the first and last fix-up by my mom). So...many of our social circles overlap. This causes him to treat me differently than other paying customers.
For instance...when I called him to set up an appointment he was pretty much yelling at me asking where all my friends were and saying if I didn't tell my friends to come in then he wouldn't be doing hair for much longer. This didn't go over so well with me. I have recommended him to numerous people. If he can't retain his clients it's not my problem. People are put off by his moodiness. He is friendly one time and distant the next. I would've cancelled but I really needed my hair cut and highlighted and I'm too cheap to go somewhere else. Luckily when I got there Amand must have realized how out of line he was because I was given the royal treatment and left with lots of free samples that he stuffed in my purse. My hair feels great. I am hesitant to post the picture of my new do. It was taken late at night out at the lake. So it looks pretty crappy but you can see that I got a good 4 inches chopped off, chunky blonde highlights, and brush-away bangs (Armand's words...not mine). I will have to have Tyler take a better picture...preferably one where I haven't been out in the snow!!


13 comments:
The hair looks great! The pictures of the baby are so sweet, I hope someday soon we get to meet the little guy. Reilly is getting so big, she looks like a little lady. Wait....a little Kristen....:) Good to see the new pictures.
Love ya
LOVE your new haircut. I've been dying to see the new look. Very cute. Your nephew is very cute too. I can't believe your sister dated Armand. Definitely need more details on that one.
BTW, Armand looks good with a little facial hair. He reminds me a bit of Mr. Handelmann (if he were bald). Anybody else see the resemblance?
He does look like Mr. Handelman! I'm laughing! Your hair looks great. It must be fun to do something different with your hair. I've had the same hair since high school. What options does a girl with very curly hair have? Only one, long, with no layers.
Again, LOVE your hair! It looks so pretty on you. And, love the fashion show pics! The tables were so cute. I'm glad you were there to help. :-)
Shall I suggest to Matt he go bald???
He DOES look like Mr. Handelman!!! If he does go bald I guess he could pull it off. ;)
As for Kelley dating Armand...I was SWORN to secrecy!! She is going to kill me. Thank goodness she thinks she is too busy to read my blog! :) That is quite a tale to tell!! Long and lengthy even though they only went out approximately twice I think. Let's just say Armand has some ISSUES!
Your nephew is adorable. Love your new hair!
Your nephew is adorable. Love your new hair!
Love, love, love the new haircut. I guess it's worth dealing with moody men if they're good with scissors. I TOTALLY see Mr. Handelman in Armand - I wonder if they're alter egos? Not a bad way to meet ladies.
Your girl's night with Reilly sounds so fun. I think Maryn is just getting old enough to appreciate stuff like that, so I'm going to start too.
You make me want to go to Armand again. Very cute locks.
Your nephew really is adorable. I love his little outfit with the jeans! Totally stylin'.
Your hair looks really great!
Ah the love hate relationship with our service providers, yet we keep going back for more.
How cute is your daughter. A mini-me for sure!
Gak! I just made an appointment with Armand for Saturday. What did I do? He sounded all moody and annoyed when he asked, "how have you been?" He can't possibly remember me! I've only been there twice! Sigh.
If only your hair hadn't turned out so cute. I just would have kept on with equally moody Janet who keeps changing salons because "she just can't work with these people". Wish me luck.
Post a Comment