Monday, September 10, 2007

The Deed Is Done

After months of speculation...hours of conversation....our ward boundaries were revealed yesterday, our ward was split, and new bishops were named. As is always the case when a ward splits there was drama and some trauma and some SHOCK for all involved. All in all I'm pretty happy with the split. We lost some great families but gained some wonderful new ones. My ward is a new ward and it is made up of people from three different wards. My old ward also gained people from another ward. Pretty much all the wards in our part of town either gained people or lost people. Ward names were shifted around. I am now in the 6th ward and the original 6th ward is now called something completely different. Crazy.

A new beautiful church has been built but we are still in our old church. That is ok with me. I like the old church and it's close proximity to me. Our new bishop...Bishop Finn...was a SHOCK but I will adjust. I hope. ;) But the deed is done and now we can all move on.

We had a fun weekend. A nice respite after a busy week. Friday night I met Andrea and Carolyn at the new church to help prepare for the open house. After that we all met our husbands and went out to dinner at the best Thai restaurant in town and had a fun dinner.

Saturday morning Stacey came early and dropped Dane off while she went shopping for a dress for Kirk's wedding and got a pedicure. A pedicure feels heavenly when you are nearly 8 months pregnant and can't reach your toes. (I have yet to find a dress for the wedding...aahhh!) The kids had a ball playing with Dane. Kelley came over in the afternoon and Stac and I got to meet Kelley's new boyfriend, Victor.

That evening we attended the Open House for the new church. I think it went fantastically. The church looked beautiful and all the booths representing the different auxiliaries of the church looked great. I was very impressed.

Sunday morning at 9 am was our "special" meeting and then we had the dedication at 2 pm. The church in our area is growing rapidly and it has been fun to be a part of it all. Thank goodness for Jason and Andrea who were so kind to invite several families over to their house for dessert, discussion of recent changes, and a fun game!! We had a GREAT TIME!! Thanks!!

Now I have kids to get off to school and a week filled with ballet, piano, joy school and much much more. I am really looking forward to book club on Tuesday!

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

So glad we're still in the same ward! :-)

See you at book club.

andrea said...

That was so fun to get together. Thanks again so much for your help with the setup of our display for the open house. We really owe you. Have a great week with all your stuff going on. Can't wait to discuss Simplify tomorrow at book group.

carlo said...

glad you are happy with the ward changes. wait, i know i have been gone awhile but are you 8 months pregnant? how did i miss this?

Lara said...

It was fun to get together.

And it is good to have the deed done - still morning the loss of some families from our ward but I know it will all be for the better.

See you Tuesday!

Kristin said...

Carlo-

Nope I'm not 8 months pregnant...my sister, Stacey is...I was kind of confusing in my post. But pregnancy seems to be going around blogland! :)

Kelly said...

Every place we move they are in the process of building a new building and within weeks of our moving out it is finally completed.

I bet a dedication meeting is pretty cool when it is "your" building.

I love ward boundary shake ups and drama. It's good to breathe some change into the scene every once in a while.

Lucy said...

It would have been nice to have been in the same ward as you! But...all that drama...I'm kind of glad I missed it.

Have fun at bookclub (wiping away tears).

jenny said...

I am sorta dreading our "split" coming up in a few weeks. I know we will loose some great families I am just wondering who it will be?

Have fun at bookclub tonight!

[alisar] said...

I'm glad all the guessing is over. I hate the stress that comes with ward reorganizing. I have sort of a lot of experience with it and I seriously lose sleep with worry. Then the new callings come and I inevitably cry over whatever task I'm given. I need to get a life...
I didn't know you were doing JoySchool? Have you ever done it before? I did it for three years with my young'uns. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. It seemed I always had to teach at super inconvenient times, so I hated being strapped to that committment, but when I was done, it was almost always the best thing I'd done with my week. See what I mean about love/hate? I seriously think it made me a better mom. I hope you love it too.
I hope bookgroup was awesome. I got invited to be in one here. It doesn't have a regualar meeting time, it's open invitation, and kids are welcome. Doesn't that just sound delightful?? I said okay, because I'm desperate, but I'm thinking my membership will be shortlived.
BTW, my life will never be the same now that I've tried Stacey's Cauliflower soup. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!

KariAnn said...

All the new ward stuff is exciting, but will definitely take some getting used to. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.