The Mother of All SnowIt feels like we are drowning in snow!! We have been hit by storm after storm and have literally nearly two feet of snow. In our yard the snow is nearly up to the top of the fence. I am absolutely sick and tired of it!! School has been out for a week and it is practically impossible to drive anywhere even with four wheel drive. We had to buy towing ropes for our Suburban just so we could get our Honda in and out of our neighborhood...it just kept getting stuck. Tyler has pulled so many of our neighbors cars out of the snow. It is unbelievable. I have never seen anything like this in the 7 years we have lived here.
Can you see all that freakin' snow? Click on the picture for the full effect. I have serious cabin fever but the kids are having a ball! Tyler has been teaching Reilly to snow board down the hill in our side yard and she is doing great!
There is more snow in the forecast...no sign of it letting up anytime soon...Ugh!! Tyler had to get up on our roof today and shovel snow...there are roofs collapsing due to all the heavy snow. We finally had a stinkin' plow in our neighborhood today (1st one I've seen on our street all year) some good it did...it just created a 3 foot berm that blocked our driveway that we had to tunnel through. After living in Utah for so many years where snow removal is an art form it makes me literally CRAZY to watch the ineptitude of the snow removal process here!! HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SALT?? I did finally see the first sand on the roads that I have seen in 7 years. FINALLY!! They think if you drizzle on liquid de-icer it will MAGICALLY get rid of a foot of snow!! Idiots!! I am SO CLOSE to writing a letter to the editor!! So while our kids are in heaven...we the parents are in hell. Do I feel better? NO!!
***FYI: My mom's surgery went well (although she did have a bad reaction to the anesthesia...and had a tooth fall out...apparently that is a rare side effect. She was extremely POed about that...and she is now convalescing at Kelley's...Kirk requested that Kelley slide a few quarters under her pillow last night!! Thanks for all the phone calls, emails, and well wishes!!***
GET ME OUT OF FREAKIN' FARGO!!

10 comments:
I can't believe how much snow is there! I would have loved that kind of snow! Except for the fact that they don't take very good care of the roads there. I feel your pain about the no plowing thing. I lived on Havana and they rarely plowed, and when they did, it was so iced over that it didn't help because they don't use ICE!
Enjoy your winter wonderland. It'll make spring that much sweeter.
The grass is always greener (or snowier) on the other side of the fence . . . my kids would love to be out of school and playing in the snow.
Come on down. . . we'll leave the light on for you!
oh my goodness is that a lot of snow.
we haven't had much to speak of (eeeek, am i going to ruin it for saying it?)
my kids are sad but i am ok with it b/c i worry so much about driving in it.
we had a bit of freezing rain last night and most districts canceled today but not us. the girls are so mad!
hope you dig out soon.
I can't take it, just looking at those pictures is making me a little crazy. I could do with school out for a week though. Or so I say.
The snowboarding is really cool!
Her tooth just fell out? Like boom you're asleep then Woah where's my tooth?! I had to have a tooth implant, tell your mom they aren't so bad, except of course you have to have anesthesia. But you can choose a tooth in any color you want!
I hope you're not running low on jello packets. hahahahahaha. In my happy life, I have a three year old that I am an inch away from offing. Today involved her cutting a three-inch (or so) large chunk of hair off the back of MY HEAD. I'm depressed. Have fun sledding - and good for Reilly!
I am so with you!!!!! If only I had known school would have been out all week I would have driven us all someplace warm and sunny - and gotten the heck out of Spokane!!!
When I went to Utah a few weeks ago they had just as much snow as we got - but did they have any snow days or problems driving around? NO!!!! They do actually plow all the streets!!!!!
I am so ready for spring.
Glad your mom did well - not much fun about the anesthesia (I know exactly how that goes!!) and the tooth!
At least you have one car that somewhat works on the snow! I can't go anywhere.
Kelly A.--
Yeah...kind of like that...except that her tooth just fell out in the middle of the night. CRAZY huh? Any color? Fancy.
Seriously, was this not the worst week with day after day of no school. If only we would have known.
Reilly looks so cute snowboarding.
I feel so bad for the neighborhoods that are snowed in. I took my boys to piano and poor Jodi couldn't get out. For some reason they plow our dirt road. The drifts were terrible. We could make it down but I couldn't get back up on Wednesday. Luckily my neighbor plowed for us and within 30 minutes the real plows arrived.
I've never seen anything like this.
Wow that is a lot! We have had so much too! It looks like your dd found some fun in there. :)
Man, the west coast is getting hit hard with some major snow. Enjoy your white as I am sitting here probably "roasting" to you in my lovely 50 degree humidity :)
Post a Comment