Memorial Day Weekend
We had a fun weekend out at the lake. The weather wasn't that great but it had a few good moments here and there. We headed out on Saturday afternoon and met my mom, her friend Ken, my grandma, and Kelley out there. We stayed Saturday night, Sunday night, and left on Monday afternoon.
The lake was still very chilly and it was pretty windy but we put the boat in and cruised the upper and lower lakes.
Kameron trying to soak up the few rays of sun that were out.
Kameron and Ailey getting in on the action.
The water was very high...no beach whatsoever...the water came all the way up to the steps up to the yard. There was a little bit of beach over by the Memorial but the water came almost up to the cooking pot.
Reilly was the only brave soul to actually get in the water. She went for a quick ski run. Reilly just learned last year and was anxious to see if she could still do it. She popped right up on her first try. She circled the lower lake and then fell not too far from our lake house but she got right up again and skied on home. She was even actually trying to improve her technique by standing up straighter and fixing her form. She did a great job!!

Oh wait...Ailey got in but VERY VERY briefly!! Brrr...
Mom and Ken
Ailey and Kameron helping my mom make pancakes for breakfast. We came up with the best creation. My grandma had a ton of rhubarb and so we made rhubarb pancakes. They were so good with lots of cinnamon and sugar. Yum.
Reilly and I helped my mom and Grandma get all the flowers ready for the cemeteries and we delivered them all. Reilly felt very grown up to be helping. It was fun to talk to her about all our loved ones who have passed away. All the flags everywhere were beautiful.
Since the weather wasn't the best for being on or in the water we spent a lot of time playing our new favorite game: CROQUET!! Stacey gave Tyler a croquet set for Christmas and it got a lot of use this last weekend.
We had a blast playing lots and lots of croquet...

The Master
The enthusiastic novices...even Ailey had fun whacking the balls around.
I hope everyone had a fun weekend!!

6 comments:
Oh it makes me so anxious to get up there, we can hardly wait! That is a great pictures of Grandma...she looks really happy in these pictures which is great to see. Justin and I were realizing how old Riley is looking now, she has really grown up since we saw her last. :) I am glad you had a nice weekend, hopefully the weather warms up for you soon and you can enjoy some quality boating time. See you very soon.
Love ya
What a fun family you have. Your Grandma is adorable with Ailey...and I believe she is even matching!! :)
What's up with your mom and Ken??? Looks like a blast. I wish I lived closer to my lake! (Apparently not enough to actually move to Boise!) Reilly looks fabulous. I'm going to try to get Liv up on those skis this summer too!
What a fun place to ski and spend the weekend. I can't believe how high the water was! Those photos of your grandma are a crackup!
Tiff-
Ken is my mom's new love interest. They went to high school together and things are getting serious! :0
The lake looks so beautiful! And, HELLO! Reilly is tearing it up on those H2O skis. Parker finally got up at Powell last year. Looks like another fantastic year on that lake has begun.
Well. . . I guess for some of your crazy menfolk, it began way back in what, February??
Post a Comment