Pigs Are Flying
Okay...so I just had the most bizarre experience occur...one I thought would NEVER happen. I called the temple today to have a name added to the prayer roll and the lady I was talking to was rude. Is that even possible? If there is one thing that can always be counted on...like the sun coming up in the morning...it is that temple workers are nice and friendly. Apparently not always.
I called the temple this afternoon to add the name of someone who could use a few extra prayers right now. I called while driving but was using my hands-free device...no laws were broken here. Now when the lady answered I could barely hear her and assumed we had a bad connection. Don't ever assume...as the old adage goes. I attempted to speak clearly so as to convey my information despite our connection issues.
Here is our conversation:
Temple Worker Lady: Thank you for calling the ________ Temple. How may I help you?
Me: I would like to have a name added to the prayer roll please.
Her: Silence.
Me: The name is _________.
Her: Silence
I then began spelling the first name.
I was half way through spelling this person's name when Temple Worker Lady interrupted me and said:
"Ma'am!! COULD YOU SPEAK MORE QUIETLY!!" (The capital letters indicate her extreme annoyance with me.)
I was shocked into silence. I wasn't speaking loudly...but I was attempting to aim my voice up at the viser where the hands-free device is located and to speak clearly. Apparently a big mistake!! Huge.
Me (in an embarrassed hushed voice): I am SO SORRY!! I am talking on my cell-phone and had no idea. I apologize.
Her: Silence.
Me: Thank you.
Her: Good-Bye.
Egads!! I think I have done the impossible...provoked a temple worker to rage. I have never ever seen one show one iota of irritation EVER. And believe me I can be trying...I am continually turned around, confused and going in the wrong direction...and they are always so sweet.
Who knew that someone calling the temple...on the other end of the line...could be so loud as to disturb the reverence of the temple?
So now you know...when you call the temple WHISPER!!
Friday, November 05, 2010
Temple Worker Lady I humbly apologize!!
Posted by Kristin at 4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha. You could have told her in a really sweet voice, "Why don't you go ahead and add your name to the list. It sounds like you could use a few prayers for yourself."
You crack me up! So funny.
Post a Comment