Wednesday, November 05, 2014

30 Days of Gratitude : Day One

Day 1

I loved doing my 30 days of Gratitude last November and I wanted to do it again this year. I used to really hate November. It was always cold, gray, and dreary. Not even Thanksgiving could redeem it. Thanksgiving never seemed to have the festivity and excitement of Halloween and Christmas. November just used to remind me that "winter was coming" and that was always depressing to me. As one who suffers from seasonal affective disorder... I need SUNSHINE... November used to bum me out. Now a bit older and wiser I have come to appreciate the beauty of the season and all that it represents. I love November's quiet and significant celebrations...and it's more festive celebrations aka Reilly and Kameron's birthdays. So while it remains cold, gray, and dreary; I say with gratitude and appreciation...Hello November.

Gratitude Day One:


I am grateful for lakes!! Make those huge exclamation points!! I truly am. I am a lake girl through and through. My great-grandparents bought a big piece of lake front property 5 generations ago and as a result I have lake water in my blood. I truly think that lakes are the most beautiful of God's creations. They are my number one choice to see, vacation at, hike to, camp by, and swim in. I have had the pleasure of swimming in many lakes in many of our great states of the USA and I can say that none...absolutely none...hold a candle to the beauty and magnificence of the lakes in the Pacific Northwest. Most especially *our* lake in Northern Idaho. Lakes call to me. A sweet siren song. If it has been awhile since I have been to the lake or a lake,  I long...seriously long...to see one. Open water, gentle waves, dark and calm waters. I just want to see them, be near them, on them, and in them. I don't care what the temperature is outside. If there is even a crack of open water I will somehow be in it...be it fingers, toes, legs, or full body. I just love lakes!! The gentle lapping of the water and the dark rippling surface soothes my soul.

On this the first day of November, after all the Halloween craziness of the day before, I longed for the lake. Tyler was kind enough to oblige and he also shares my lake love. So even though we were not at *my* lake, THIS lake still did the trick and was a gorgeous sight to behold.


I am grateful for lakes one of God's most beautiful creations!!


0 comments: