Thursday, November 06, 2014

Gratitude: Day 5

Day 5:


I am grateful for letters like this. Most days I wonder...am I a good parent? Am I teaching these kids what they need to know to be successful in life? Do they know who they are...a precious child of God? Do they know how amazing they are? Do they know how loved they are by their father and me?  I wonder...how bad are we actually screwing them up? Will they forgive us for all the mistakes we have made...are making...and will continue to make? Am I a good mother? Am I doing enough? Are they listening? Are they learning anything from us/me that will actually help them in life or keep them safe? Am I their example of what not to be? And...the ever nagging...will they all turn out okay? These are thoughts that keep me up some nights worrying. Especially as our oldest child prepares to leave the nest. I do love that fathers are so different from mothers. It gives our parenting a nice balance. Tyler sleeps soundly most nights fully confident in our parenting skills and in our children's ability to turn out amazing. I need a little more of that I guess. So when letters like this come in the mail... I am grateful. Proof. We must be doing ok. Yay Kam!!

Student of the Month

0 comments: