Day 336: 2-12-21 (Friday)
It's another day in the frigid teens. Poor-Minnesota-living-Kameron. This kind of cold is horrible.
On a happier note...Tyler got his yearly bonus today! This is always nice especially in a COVID-19 world. We are super grateful that Tyler's job wasn't affected except for working from home and no overtime being permitted. My heart goes out to those who took a much bigger financial hit.
I got my hair done today! Yay! FRESH HAIR IS FABULOUS! I love the salon that I get my hair done at and I love my friend Lyndsey who does my hair. Added bonus...while I was gone my friend Arianne dropped off some Valentine cookies. That always makes my day!!
Even though it was our usual date night...It was so cold and miserable... that Tyler and I decided to have a night in. He made dinner for us (delicious) and we started watching season 2 of A Discovery of Witches. Meh.
Day 337: 2-13-21 (Saturday)
We had some cookies door dashed to my dad as an early Valentine's Day surprise. He was THRILLED!
Unexpected cookies really do bring joy! Just passing on the delight that I had yesterday! Plus I know that Valentine's Day is going to be especially difficult for him this year.
Today was the usual Saturday. Errands. These blog posts are riveting. Pretty much the same thing week after week. Snooze.
Oh there was something exciting that occured. Late tonight a knock came at our door and *someone* left Bryn some special valentine items from her secret admirer. This was high excitement around here. We have a security camera outside our house so we knew who it was...the cutest kid in our ward... love him! In the bag was a bluetooth portable speaker. So sweet.
In other news...Trump was acquitted.
Day 338: 2-14-21 (Sunday)
Today is Valentine's Day! One of my very favorite days of the year!! A day to celebrate LOVE!! So needed!! We slept in and then Tyler and I watched the first episode of Men in Kilts from our bed this morning. That felt lazy and decadant. We never watch tv shows in the MORNING!!
Reilly and Hunter came by this morning and surprised us with the absolutely kindest and sweetest Valentine surprises!! Wow... they are awesome! I can't believe how thoughtful they were.
Beautiful flowers!! I love them!
They aso brought us these fabulous French treats from our favorite bakery in town!!
They had flowers and candy for both of the girls too! We were blown away!
Delicous macarons the size of hamburgers!!
We livestreamed church today as a family and that was nice too! Tyler dropped the girls off for second hour and Bryn had a presidency meeting after that. Our ward's primary starts back up next week. Yikes. The logistics of this is a nightmare. We can only have 25 % capacity in a room and we have a huge primary. I am actually really glad not to be the primary president right now! Ha ha!
After church Ailey drove (with Tyler) and delivered our Valentine surprises to the ladies that Ailey and I minister too while Bryn was at her meeting.
We also dropped off Valentine gifts at Reilly and Hunter's apartment too. We weren't able to gather as a family for our Valentine dinner either this year which is such a BUMMER!!
As per usual... our family Valentine celebration was MUCH SMALLER than last year but I tried not to focus on that since all of the holidays this year are weird and yet they still turn out to be fun in their own odd way. This was no different.
Our menu:
Puff pastry wrapped asparagus
Homemade Pizzas
Steak (me)
Chocolate Drizzled Charcuterie Board (similar to the smaller one for Reilly and Hunter)
Brownie Bites, Strawberries, Cream Puffs
Specialty Sodas: Cream Soda and Black Cherry
We had candy and little gifts for the girls. Tyler had flowers, candy, and gifts for me and I had candy and gifts for him. He had surprises coming for me all week long. He is a definite romantic! During dinner we played a game about how well we all knew each other that was fun and cute. I gave one to Reilly and Hunter too.
We got to the bottom of the great Mrs. See's vs Mrs. Cavanaugh's candy debate! Hmm...which is better?
OR
2.)
Oh it's HANDS DOWN Mrs. See's!!
I told the kids about how in elementary school I would pick out just the right valentine for the boy I liked that said just the "right" thing. Then I would strategically sort and pick out the conversation heart candies that said just the "right" thing for him and then hope that he would realize my secret love for him and that he also secretly loved me. LOL. The girls asked Tyler if in elementary school he ever paid any attention to what was written on the valentines he received and he was like "Nope. I would check them for candy and then toss them!" Boys.
Tyler comes from a family who had a stay-at-home mom and she had her kids always make their valentines for their classmates. I came from a home with a mom who worked outside the home and we always bought our valentines. Our kids have always bought valentines! Hats off to the mothers who had the time and patience to over see handmade valentines in addition to helping their kids make their valentine boxes! I am so glad that we are out of that stage. A perk of online school and the last kiddo!
A fun night was had! And...then the girls mocked me for my hairstyle. Lol. HEY... sometimes you need those fwoopy baby bangs out of the way!!
Day 339: 2-15-21 (Monday)
Today there is some CRAZY weather all across the US. Arctic cold, snow in Texas and the South, ice storms, and windstorms. I am so glad that all we have is very cold weather and some snow. We don't need any more wind!!
I also feel like I have a slight cold. I'm really hoping that this doesn't progress into anything more. I feel like such a hypochondriac. Remember when waking up with a cold was just annoying and not terrifying?
I had my weekly phone call with my dad. He is doing well and super into indexing. I love it! I put away all of the Valentine decorations and all of the beautiful flowers are still making the house look festive. Today the governor has allowed restaurants to open back up for indoor eating but only at a 25% capacity. I guess that is something.
We are packing up everything in the living room this week so that we can do the living room floors this weekend. I can't wait!! I've wanted to get rid of the carpet in our living room since we moved in!
My presidency is also preparing for ward conferences to start this Sunday. I will have to attend all of them. Next week I will also be the stake representative at our ward's first day of Primary.
We video chatted with Kameron tonight. He's doing okay. He has transfers this week. He thinks he will be transferred out of Blaine.
Day 340: 2-16-21 (Tuesday)
Today is Bryn's last day of distance learning! We got her all prepped to go back to school. She is feeling a mix of emotions about going back. She has missed school the most and yet is a little apprehensive about all of the changes and about how she will be back at school but it won't be the same.
Tyler and I did a snowy walk and it felt good. Finally the temps have come up a bit even if it snowed the whole time that we were walking. Bryn had piano lessons and I made chili and cornbread tonight. Perfect for a snowy evening.
I attended our RS activity via Zoom on Emotional Resilience. My friend Annie, who is a counselor, led the discussion and it was really good. Tyler gave Bryn a father's back-to-school blessing and Ailey did Bryn's nails. All of which helped her to feel better about things tomorrow. Now she is pretty excited! We are too! A sign of things returning *somewhat* to normal.

0 comments:
Post a Comment