Day 356: 3-4-21 (Thursday)
Today was a rather momentous day. Tyler went into his office! He was super excited! It wasn't to *work*. They are remodeling his floor so he and his coworkers had to schedule a time to go in and pack up what was still left in their offices. He was able to visit with several of his coworkers and friends...socially distanced and masked... of course. He enjoyed it immensely. Tyler has truly been the most isolated one of all of us. The girls and I have been able to go to church and other various activities and he hasn't been able to do much of that. He came home in a great mood.
It was also another sunny and gorgeous day in the 60s!! We walked at the park with Bryn and Beverly. It felt so good to be outside. Beverly was not thrilled about her three mile walk but she did it. Look at that frown. LOL.
WA state has now qualified teachers and childcare workers to get the vaccine. It is still a no for Tyler. :(
Tonight was vendor night at the store. I sold a big bookshelf so had a bit of a rearrange and brought in some new pieces.
Day 357: 3-5-21 (Friday)
The girls didn't have school today.
Tyler finished his big Oregon project that he was the project manager for. Hooray! This took up a lot of his time and many extra hours as he oversaw the project and his team remotely. We celebrated!
Tyler's mom and Joel got their first round of the COVID vaccine. Utah is now allowing Type 1 diabetics to be vaccinated. What is wrong with WA?! It sounds awful but it completely irritates me when I see totally healthy people (not talking about Tyler's parents) who have gotten the vaccine...who stretched the truth about their professions... while people like Tyler continue to wait... and then have the audacity to proclaim to the world via social media that they got the vaccine. Annoying!!!
Ailey and I ran some errands and she found me an awesome tea table to redo for my booth. Tyler and I also did a bunch of buying for Sisters Creed. We found some great things! I have a big Spring Open House on March 20th that I need to prep for. Date night merged into our buying run...as it often does. Good thing Tyler is a good sport and a great helper! We did stop for lunch and then got dinner later too. We went to several places that we had never been to before and found some incredible things!!
Day 358: 3-6-21 (Saturday)
We slept in today. Delightful. Tyler and the girls ran our Saturday errands...also delightful. I worked on projects. March is already a busy month and I am selling a lot.
This was a little weird and eerie to think about but true.
Tyler and I walked at the park and grilled for dinner. Ailey also made us a biscuit bonanza. She made two different kinds of biscuits to see which recipe we liked best. She was prepping for Sunday dinner tomorrow. We tried our regular biscuit recipe which is very good and then we tried the Joanna Gaines recipe.
Day 359: 3-7-21 (Sunday)
Today was Fast Sunday. No ward conferences this week. Bryn had a very early presidency meeting this morning. I also had online RS. My friend Caroline taught the lesson and it was really good. They announced that we will only have one more online RS meeting and then we go back to in person RS after General Conference.
Ailey and Bryn made our Sunday dinner. It was the official big biscuit taste off extravaganza. We are a house divided. Well... I guess not technically... I stand alone in preferring our original family recipe. Everyone else preferred the Joanna Gaines version which was good but way too rich! It contains an OBSCENE amount of butter. There is no way that we will be making that regularly.
Day 360: 3-8-21 (Monday)
Oh man! Do Tyler and I get a lot of work done with both girls at school! It's actually really nice AND I'm glad that they are enjoying being back at school too. I talked to my dad this morning. His stake president and bishop are coming to visit him tomorrow and he is a little nervous about it. LOL.
We talked to Kam today at about 2:45pm. The WHOLE family. (Reilly even joined in from work and later from her car.) He stood up to his companion and said that he was allowed to talk to his family for an hour once a week and that was what he was going to do! His companion doesn't talk to his family very often and when he does it is only for a few minutes. Interesting. So...we got Kam for the whole hour and it was a PAR-TAY! We even broke out some Texas Sheet Cake from yesterday! It was so good to have a longer time to talk and catch up. We have all missed it. Kam is doing fine and getting along fairly well with the companion. His mission is having to have a few more restrictions again due to the George Floyd trial that is about to begin in case of any future riots/violence in the Minneapolis area.
After Reilly got off work she went to check out an apartment that is for rent. Later that evening Tyler and I drove over there to get a *feel* for how safe it is. Seems okay. Then Tyler and I went for our walk.
Wow. Tonight Ailey and I watched the train wreck that was the Harry, Meghan, and Oprah interview. Yikes. I so wanted to call my mom to *discuss*!! I really miss her.


0 comments:
Post a Comment