Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Day 10


I am thankful that I hate the mall. I mean I REALLY hate it. I try to go as little as possible. I can't avoid it around Christmas and for Back-to-School shopping and other "once in awhiles" but if I must go I try to just run in and out as fast as possible. But by hating the mall I save quite a bit of money.

This weekend we went to the mall because Kameron and Reilly have reached the age that they would rather pick out their birthday presents instead of being surprised. Oh joy. That meant hours wandering around the mall as they mulled over what they wanted  and used their birthday gift cards from Grandma. It was hellish.

Just to prove my point of how little I go to the mall...Bryn was walking ahead of me with Tyler and she turned around to me and said "Mommy, is THIS shopping?" Ha ha. Tyler was especially proud but with three daughters he shouldn't get too excited.His luck has pretty much just run out. He also got the pleasure of waiting around for his 16 year old daughter in the Pink side of Victoria's Secret. It nearly did him in and she wasn't even buying undies. Times they are a changin'.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I took Quincy to Macy's once and she said "What kind of a store is this? They don't even have carts!"

Clearly we don't frequent the mall much either.

Kristin said...

Kelly-- I LOVE IT!!