Thankful Day 6
I am thankful for the gym. It clears my mind. I am blessed that I don't eat my stress, disappointment, frustration, anxiety and sadness or take drugs or alcohol to self-medicate. When feeling bad I exercise. Choice number one...walking and preferably in a mindless loop. It all stems back to when I was growing up and living in the dell. My friend, Naomi, and I would walk and talk for miles as we walked round and round and round the loop of the dell. We would talk about boys, family issues, problems, dreams of the future, and the gospel... you name it...we discussed it.
When I went to college it was the same. I had a walking route of several blocks and round and round I would go when worried or stressed or frustrated. It just has to be a route that I don't have to think about where I am going and where I can just get inside my head to soul search and to figure things out.
Marriage has been the same. Lucky for me there is a park near my house that has a big loop. I cannot count the miles and hours Tyler and I have logged there...usually at night, under the stars, and in every kind of weather as round and round and round we go hashing out our problems, our worries, our hopes, and our dreams. Nothing bring me more peace than this when troubled.
The gym does the same for me personally. Mindless exertion and a clearing of the head. Working out daily not only strengthens my body but it keeps my mind in a healthy place.
I am grateful for this tender mercy.
America...you made a big mistake tonight. HUGE.
And Washington State...heaven help us.


0 comments:
Post a Comment