Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June: Day 12

Day 12: I am listening to...

My weird season of life continues. My listening/music life reflect that I am still not back normal. My attention span continues to be very short and that is hard with playlists and audiobooks. Despite that I still enjoy my Spotify. A LOT!  I love making playlists and sharing playlists with friends and family. It's the new 80s mixed tape! LOL. My current favorite Spotify playlist is one that my friend Ray made and shared with me. He had a FABULOUS 80s playlist going at his daughter's graduation party a few weeks ago! I've been listening to it a lot! 

I also...very weirdly because it is not my musical genre...have been listening to Christian worship music. It's taking me back to my high school Young Life days and going to youth group with some of my KC friends. The music has definitely improved!! I now have my own worship music playlist. It's pretty fabulous if I do say so myself and it really does make me feel better to listen to it!

But podcasts are still king in my listening world...perfect little bites of entertainment. That is about all that my brain can handle these days.

My current favorite podcasts are:



I adore Dax Shepard.


So funny!


I love all of the Brat Pack and Outsiders inside scoop that is in nearly every episode.


I love a deep dive! Even on Mormon Mommy Bloggers. 
Her take is *interesting* but not offensive.


I love me some introspection!


My all time favorite book podcast! 

This is particularly funny since I barely have the attention span to read books right now but I do enjoy hearing about them!

What does this say about me? 2021 is still weird. I'm looking for comfort (80s nostalgia and books.) I need and crave laughter and humor. I'm in a super introspective phase aka the worship music (who am I?) and the questions and Deep Dives! In short: I'm going deep within myself. I need comfort and nostalgia. And...I want to laugh a lot. It could be worse! 


0 comments: